About Dr. Dave
Dr. Dave worked as a mathematician and physicist professionally for 20 years. He started with a BSc in Applied Mathematics at York University, then went on to become a geophysicist, specializing in mathematical modelling of physical processes in Earth's inner and outer cores. These are some of Dr. Dave's favourite research projects.
His teaching career started at the post-secondary level with lecturing and tutoring in Earth science, engineering and mathematics courses. He later became interested in high school mathematics and spent a semester in the teacher training program at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), gaining valuable TDSB classroom experience and becoming involved in volunteer tutoring. In 2011, Dr. Dave became the mathematics specialist at the Toronto Public Library's HUB, a drop-in tutoring centre at Sanderson Branch for students in grades 6-12, and has volunteered for the TDSB's Adult Literacy and Basic Skills (ALBS) program.
Since 2012, Dr. Dave has been helping Toronto high school students succeed in all core math courses and physics from the Ontario curriculum.
- BSc - Applied Mathematics, York University
- MSc - Geophysics, University of British Columbia
- PhD - Geophysics, University of California San Diego / Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Courses and Workshops
- Educational Psychology
- Equitable Teaching in Mathematics
- Creating a Mathematical Environment
- Assessment in Science and Technology Investigations
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful Mental Tools to Help You Master Tough Subjects
- Toronto Police vulnerable sector record check approved in September 2011
- Music and digital audio
- Cycling and bicycle mechanics